Report a Concern
While we work hard at prevention, we also recognize that harmful events continue to occur in our community that need to be addressed. If you have experienced or witnessed a situation that you think was discriminatory, unfair, or disrespectful, we would like to know.
How to Report a Concern
- If you believe you have been discriminated against and you want to protect your legal rights, you may submit this complaint intake form. We will review the information you submit and contact you regarding further steps you can take to file a formal complaint of discrimination to be investigated by the City Attorney's office. If you would like to review some background information on the types of behaviors that are illegal, please click here.
- Residents who believe they have been discriminated against by a police officer may complete a Dubuque Community-Police Relations Committee Complaint Form. For additional options regarding police complaints, please click here.
- Residents who believe they have been discriminated against by City staff may complete a Community-City Relations Committee Complaint Form.
- If you believe that what you have experienced or witnessed is wrong, but you do not want to pursue legal remedies, you may report your concern here. We encourage you to report whatever discriminatory or disrespectful behavior you have experienced or witnessed because patterns in these reports can help us determine where we should focus our prevention efforts in the community.
- If you would like to resolve tenant and landlord, neighborhood, and race-related disputes through mediation before problems escalate and negatively impact a neighborhood, please click here to learn about the Dispute Resolution Center.