Community Development Advisory Commission
Department Contact: Budget Department
The Commission is comprised of nine members appointed by City Council to serve staggered three-year terms. Membership must include:
- Four members representing census tracts with 51% low / moderate income persons
- Four at-large city residents
- One representative from the Housing Commission
View current meeting materials
- 5:30 p.m.
- Third Tuesday of each month
- Historic Federal Building
350 W. 5th St.
Dubuque, IA 52001
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- To conduct required public hearings in accordance with the minimum standards established by Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Citizen Participation plan
- To ensure meaningful citizen input in the planning, implementation, and assessment of the City of Dubuque's CDBG program
- To provide for and encourage the participation of persons who reside in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods, as defined by the City Council, in the planning, implementation, and assessment of the CDBG program
- To identify community development needs, particularly the needs of persons of low and moderate income
- To serve in an advisory role to the City Council in policy decisions regarding funding priorities and program development and implementation
- To monitor and evaluate program activities to determine if identified community development objectives have been met
- To undertake public information efforts to educate the citizenry of the availability of CDBG funded programs and to provide for a greater understanding of the City's community development efforts
- To assist in the preparation of the Five-Year Consolidated Plan, the Annual Action Plan, amendments to the Annual Action Plan, and required performance monitoring reports
- To serve in an advisory role to the City Manager in the review of complaints and grievances received in accordance with the procedures established in the CDBG Citizen Participation Plan
- To support, upon request, the efforts of the City Council and other City commissions in the assessment of the general development needs of the community